Friday, June 23, 2006

super kewell


Dear Harry,

Please excuse the lack of formality in this letter. But I think for a man that has made me laugh, cry and almost go into cardiac arrest in one week we must now be on a first name basis.

I am an early riser and so it wasn’t hard to roll out of bed in the small hours of the morning to watch your game against Croatia. I’ll admit your league is not one I know much about. My heart belongs to AFL and we are at a very complex time in our season but I was prepared, like all good armchair sports fans to be your back up here on home ground.

I’d done my research. I know more about the Liverpool football club than is really necessary (well done on that goal against Tottenham in January. I’d say your ankle is well healed and you’re on your way for Goal of the Season). After watching reruns of your past ten (!) goals for LFC I could see what all the fuss was about this week with your rumble with FIFA.

What you did in the 79th minute of the game was quite simply one of the most beautiful moments in Australian sporting history. It was at once elegant and ruthless. How you managed to dance with that ball after running what seemed to be continuously for over an hour is beyond the understanding of us mere mortals. This morning you are a god.

See you Tuesday morning Harry.

Cheers young man

Ramona

PS. Please pass on a cheerio to Mark Viduka and Craig Moore, both of whom I have fallen madly in love with.

2 Comments:

At 26/6/06, Blogger Beck said...

as hymie said though his adnoids...
"kewell is cool".
but for mine, it's aloisi who's HOT!

 
At 27/6/06, Blogger Alexiev said...

mmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home