Sunday, March 05, 2006

And the Oscar Goes To...




Alright I think it's important that people like me put our cards on the table.

Best Actor will go to Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Best Actor should go to Joaquin Pheonix

Best Supporting Actor will go to Paul Giamatti
Best Supporting Actor should go to Matt Dillon (never thought I'd write that sentence!)

Best Actress will go to Reese Witherspoon...deservedly.

Best Supporting Actress will go to Rachel Weisz (yawn)
Best Supporting Actress should go to Frances McDormand (woo ho!)

Best Animated Feature willl go to Wallace and Gromit
Best Animated Feature should go to Howls Moving Castle (genius)

Best Director will go to Ang Lee for Brokeback Mountain
Best Director should go to...I guess Ang Lee. But my heart will be with George.

Best Documentary will go to March of The Penguins
Best Documentary should go to Murderball (my #1 film of 2005!)

Best Film will go to Brokeback Mountain
Best Film should go to The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

(wait that's not actually nominated...)

I think I'll be waiting a long time to see the best actor categories full of Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Richard E Grant, Ewan McGregor, Gary Sinise. At least this year it's hosted by one of my top five sexiest men alive (yes there is a list) satirist Jon Stewart.



Trust me, those of you that don't know him from his brilliant daily show will fall madly in love with him despite missing out on an opening song. He'll crack some great anti Bush jokes and he can raise one eyebrow - what's not to love about that?

Films that were overlooked by the academy this year include the very beautful Sin City, the wry Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, the hilarious 40 Year Old Virgin, the brilliant Rize, the lovely Shopgirl, and the sophisticated Upside of Anger.

I'll dish the dirt post-ceremony here on Couchville. Everyone enjoy the show

3 Comments:

At 6/3/06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow you were nearly right about everything! Not bad. So what did you think of Crash getting best picture?

 
At 6/3/06, Blogger Ramona said...

I was nearly there. Highlight of the evening without a doubt was Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin doing a fantastic Altman intro to honour the great director.
And the frenchmen with the penguins...I'm sure I dreamt about them once.

 
At 7/3/06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hayden Christensen has been awarded his 2nd Rassie for his portrayal of Darth Vader! Twice for the same character! That's some sort of record. His performance in EpIII was (unfairly I think) dubbed a 'Back Street Boy gone bad', and places him alongside Paris Hilton, who was worst supporting actress for House of Wax.
On a more serious note, where was The Assassination of Richard Nixon' (my favourite release of '05) in the Oscars? Was it too old?
- Michael

 

Post a Comment

<< Home