Sunday, January 22, 2006

Enough with the ape already!





Every year My friend Michael and I celebrate his birthday by seeing a movie together. He made me see The Lord of the Rings, all three of them. And this year I was subjected to King Kong.

I started looking at my watch even before I'd seen the monkey.

Is there something wrong with me? Why don't I get it? It worries me that I don't appreciate Peter Jackson. I just don't think he's a good filmaker. Visionary maybe, and certainly surrounds himself with an amazing technical team, even hires semi interesting actors (Adrien Brody's nose is a sight to behold). But he gets all these great elements together and then bloats the project out so much that in the end I'm left thinking - 'yeah ok scary island, bugs, dinasaurs, ape, whatever. Can I get some dialogue with this epic?'

I know I'm alone in this.

I'm just waiting for Jarhead, Hostel, Aeon Flux, X-MEN...


Happy Birthday Michael

Ramona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home